You should expect netflix free trial emails any day now. π
I will be sending out emails every week updating you on my adventures with increasingly creative subject names. There has also been an online blog created, which you can view at https://elderblackwem.blogspot.com/, where you can view photos and all the emails that I send out.
Also, if you know anyone who would like to be part of the email list then let me know!
The Home MTC Experience™ has been quite the experience. A lot of late nights and a lot of Zoom classes, which have been spiritually uplifting but physically boring. A lot of chair and laptop. My district (the people that I'm in the zoom class with) are all really nice. All Americans, but still nice. I get along well with my companion, Elder Anderson. He's getting a headstart for the stats and is baptising his little brother later today.
I got indirectly told off for snacking in class. In my defence I hadn't been told the rules yet about eating during meetings.
All of the classes are on Utah time, so my eating schedule has been moved a lot. I'm going to bed at about 1-2am and waking up at about 10-11am (which, to be fair, it's not out of the ordinary for me to lie in that late), but I do feel my focus going the later the day goes.
I leave for the Provo MTC in Utah on Tuesday, flying out at 9am. Thankfully I'll get an earlier night on Monday, which is very good.
I'm excited. I'm looking forward to serving the Lord and meeting new people. I'm also making a lot of sacrifices to be here, because my dad told me that the new Mario film is based on Super Mario Galaxy, which is my childhood, so I'm a bit miffed that I can't see it in cinemas, but I know that I'll be participating in a great work. At least I'll have that to look forward to.
I'm going to send another email with details for my farewell talk on sunday. Hopefully I'll see you there
Elder Black
And don't spoil any movies that come out for me while I'm gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment