https://photos.app.goo.gl/ke7PcXCfxR8azkcG9
I'm now in Washington! Traveling to the airport from the MTC was tough. I woke up at 4.30am on Wednesday and got to the airport via public transport at about 9 ish, an hour and a half before we needed to leave, so we had a lot of downtime. I had a breakfast burrito from Café Rio, but I think I must've ordered it wrong because it wasn't very good. The american Dr pepper is also not good. It doesn't taste anywhere near as good as the UK version.
We stayed our first night in a hotel, for the transfer windows line up. We met our trainers the day later on Thursday. My trainer is called Elder Durrant. If I ever forget his name, I just think about the band 'Duran Duran', and then it comes to me. He's nice, and I'm sharing a flat with another companionship. Becuase there was so many new missionaries that came in we were able to open up new areas. The flat is alright. All my flatmates are musicians of some kind, so we've got two guitars and a keyboard, which it really good, becuase it's able to provide a nice break from the day. There's also a giant golden dolphin, which was given by a member throwing out a bunch of stuff. I have no idea why a previous companionship decided to take it, but here it is. There's a story in the Old Testamnet in Exodus, when Moses comes back with the ten commandments, he's been up there so long that the Israelites are now worshipping a golden cow that they made. Hopefully the mission president doesn't melt it down and make us drink it.
I've been assigned to a YSA (Young Single Adult) ward in Seattle, so a lot of people my age. There are a lot of positives and negatives to this. There'll be a lot of people my age, which will make it easier for me to connect with them. On the other hand I probably won't have any dinner appointments.
First day was good. I had time to unpack becuase we had no plans for the day. We went street contacting at the university for a while then went to the insitiute building to contact some friends (people interested in the church). The door wouldn't lock, so we waited for maintenance people to get there. Luckily there was a pool table in the building, so we had a few games while we waited.
General Conference was really good to watch. I think it was the first time that I'd actually paid attention to it 😅 but I'm glad I did. I've found that whenever I'm sitting down I'm about to fall asleep, so it's been tough sitting in stupidly comfy chairs watching conference for nearly 9 hours over a weekend, but miracles do happen, becuase I did not fall asleep.
Scripture of the week is Joshua 24:15.
"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
No comments:
Post a Comment