We had our first new member lesson with Mason, who we baptised last week. He's been doing well. For our lesson we basically talked about movies for the first 20 mins. He's cool, and I'm gonna miss him.
We did some more stands, and they went really well. We had a lesson with our friend, Ty, finally, after a whole month and a half of trying to meet up. I'm glad we did though, because he is very accepting of what we teach. It's a bit concerning that the first thing he asked when he walked in the door was if we had any coffee. This one's gonna be interesting.
The flu has been going around, or something like that. Anyways, I got it on Friday. I imagine this is how Alma the Younger felt while he was in the coma. Runny nose, aches, headaches, fever, cough, sneezes, and a permanent state of being so tired I could sleep for forty days and forty nights, and being unable to sleep. This sucks. I think at one point I was working on Pakistani time, cos I slept in really late. I would've worked on song lyrics or duolingo or anything productive, but anytime I focused on something for more than twenty minuites I would get really tired.
It's funny, because the last time I had to isolate was in 2022, when I had covid. What was awesome about it was that I had no symptoms, didn't feel that bad, and I'd just got Metroid Dread and Pokรฉmon Sword, and got about halfway through both of them before I needed to return to society again. This has been perhaps the total opposite, where I've had all the symptoms and no Switch to keep me company. On the brightside though, I think I'm all caught up on sleep, finally. I slept for about twenty hours on Saturday, and it was great. The downside was that I got about four hours last night, and it sucked, but I gotta get back into the schedule one way or another. I think I'm fully recovered now, so that's awesome.
And, it might've actually been a blessing in disguise that I got sick, because the pass-off lesson we were supposed to go to went really well, I was told, cos he's now on date for the 8th of March. We also had to give one of our friends off to the other elders, because we weren't able to make it to bible study, and that lesson was so good they were an hour late to being safe. As missionaries we need to be back in our flats by 9pm, 9:30pm at the latest. No night life for servants of the Lord.
I also got my transfer news early. I'm going District Leader! From my understanding it's kinda like being the faculty head at high school. I'm looking forward to it, and ready to take on this responsibility that the Lord has trusted me with. Also, Elder Durrrant is leaving the Seattle YSA. I'll miss him, but I'm looking forward to a new companion.
Also, pretty much every companionship in our zone is changing. This is gonna be a fun transfer
This is probably the scripture I see the most people have as their favourite one, and I can see why. Probably one of the most commonly used scriptures in my opinion, but I've kinda gotta use it, since I hinted at it earlier
Ether 12:27
"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
This is a banger of a scripture right here. A lot of people ask why we go through trials, and this is what I tell them, that we are shown our weakness that we may be humble, and we are humbled that we might remember our Lord and Saviour, and everything that he's done for us. We gotta have faith in him, so that he can make us strong.
Today is gonna be my first day leaving the flat since Friday, and I'm looking forward to it. We're going bowling, and I'm gonna sweep
Don't get sick! It sucks
No comments:
Post a Comment