Another week down! We saw a lot of miracles this week with people that we were teaching and finding people to teach. Two of them we weren't even looking for but we found them!
There's this one spot in our area that has a family living in it. There's a few trailers on the property which house most of the family, and every time we go we meet someone new. First, a few weeks back, we were looking for an old friend (someone who was taught previously but not being taught now) Paul, and then we found someone called Chastity (yes that's her name). We went back a few days later to teach her, then we found Jason. We went back to teach Jason, then we found out he doesn't actually live there, he just stays there sometimes. We found Shannon, Chastity's sister, who lives up in Blaine (the top of our zone). Then we went back on Saturday and we found Lawrence! This little spot has seen so many miracles and lots of people who live there want to know their personal Saviour more. The downside is that only Lawrence has a phone number and everyone seems to be away when we try to go back there. It'll be an interesting teaching experience.
Went on two exchanges this week. One with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Williams and one with the DL's companion, Elder Nyholm. Both were great exchanges. We put someone on date (who is now ghosting us) and had a great time finding people to teach. They're both fantastic missionaries, and we has good exchanges.
I performed a musical item in the lynden ward with Hermana Jones. We did really well. I previously served in the lynden ward, and it was really good to see everyone again. They were all confused when I showed up thinking i was back in the ward, but just for the day.
I also got invited to play at someone's wedding next month. There's not a standard about that in Missionary Standards, so I've no idea what to say to that. She's gonna be really surprised when I play some Foo Fighters Or Ben Folds Five when she walks down the aisle. Honestly, there are a few ones that might work. "My Hero" or "The Luckiest" or "Big Me." I see the vision already...
Had another lesson with Ervin this week. He still thinks the bapsitmal font makes you gay. He also now thinks that only vegetarians are gonna make it into heaven because "thou shalt not kill." I guess he missed the part in the bible when Adam was given dominion over all the animals. But oh well. I wonder what he'll tell us next
Sister sherman got me some shortbread.
Let's go!
I also got some more irn bru.
Let's go!
Kinda a boring week. Not much happened at all. But I hit 250 days as a missionary the other day, and that's a milestone right there. It's only when you look backwards you realise how far you've come. I'm gonna be hitting nine months in a few weeks and that really makes me realise how long I've been out here. Feels like yesterday I got into the MTC and started this journey of sleep deprivation, broken phones and baptising nations. It's been a blast so far, and looking forward to the future.
Spiritual thought comes from Sister Porter's talk from this last General Conference
"Wake up each day with purpose and confidence, knowing that Jesus will walk with you. Follow His example and say in prayer to Heavenly Father, “Here am I, send me.” Then listen for thoughts and ideas. What will He send you to do? Through His Spirit, He may send you to comfort someone who is lonely, help your family, learn important lessons at school, or teach someone to pray. He can help you stand for truth so you can bring His light to others."
See you next week
No comments:
Post a Comment