Transfer number seven! Back to district leader again, and a stack of awesome new missionaries into the Bellingham zone! It's been off to a good start and a lot of great things have happened.
None of it worthy for an exciting email, but we went knocking with a youth, had some lessons, made some friends, and no one showed up to stake conference. It was still OK though. The hermanas and I played a musical item at the Saturday session of stake conference, and it went really well. Huge shoutout to them and all the effort they put into it. I dunno if someone got a video of it, but if they did I'll post it on the photos here 》https://photos.app.goo.gl/ke7PcXCfxR8azkcG9
As for cool stuff that happened this week, I had the opportunity to go to MLC again! And I didn't fall asleep this time! It was good, and we spoke about some big changes that are going to be coming to the mission. I got to see everyone (except Elder Stoddard) from my old old district, and it was great to see them again. Probably one of the best districts I've been in so far and a great opportunity to see old friends
We went to the Ensign Symphony again. We took one of our friends, Joseph, and a member, Sister Linde. He's great and she is hilarious. We drove down and i got to see another whole bunch of missionaries again. This was the same day as MLC so it was one of the most unique days of my mission so far. Also one of the best.
I got to see Mason again! Elder Durrant and I taught and baptised him in seattle back in January. It was great to get the gang back together again. The performance was good. Too bad it was all American focused
The performance was the Americana, celebrating 250 years of when they got fed up of the brits and decided that they could do a better job themselves. I won't get into politics in this email, but the performance was really good. They did the flag thing where they play the star spangled banner and everyone puts their hand on their heart. It was good to see that everyone had a love and respect for their country. (They're trying to brainwash me into an American. Not gonna happen, guys)
At halftime we went to go get some drinks (non alcoholic) and I didn't see the prices when I bought mine. $7.79 for a regular 330ml can! My aberdonian ancestors are gonna jump me in the afterlife. But at least I got a cool cup and a drink
After it finished we went and got some food in the U district. It was about 10:30 ish at night and it was really strange to be out that late. We went to aladdin's burger, and it was great. Some of the best burgers I've had.
We didn't end up getting home until about 1am, and we were all very tired the next day
Honestly that was the most exciting thing that happened.
"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."
Ok seriously, the impossible can happen. The miracles that I've seen have been remarkable and can only happen through the power of God. I'm grateful for his influence in my life, and fo everything that he's done for me
No comments:
Post a Comment