So. This week happened. And im still alive
Miracles abound!
However, Scotland lost to Morocco, so we need to beat Brazil to get a guaranteed spot in the knockout stages. I might ask mission president if I can do a special fast for the Scottish national team to perform well. Anyway, on with the show!
I had an exchnage with the ZLs! I went on exchanges with Elder burningham, who I'd lived with previously in Seattle, and it was nice to be with a familiar face. We had a great day, and passed off one of our friends to the YSA via a football night. It was a great time, and I realised that I'm slightly out of practice. Nevertheless, I felt like Maldini or Ramos at points but still with humbling experiences of fatigue scattered about. It was a great day, and I had a lot of fun. I also got sunburnt, which was fun
We had the opportunity to help out at a stake primary activity that was missionary focused. We helped run the Pday section of the activity, and were able to teach primary kids about what p day is all about, and play some games. We had a fair amount of downtime and messed about with Hula Hoops a bunch. Not my finest hour, but we had a good time and a good laugh.
A big focus that the mission has been doing is tabling, which is where you set up a stall and usually have a whiteboard or something set up that people can interact with. We took a look at possible events that we could do it at, but there's not much. The closest thing we could do it at was an event called the "Cordata park summer bash" which we discovered is mainly kid focused. We scouted it out, since there's another one next month and its right next to where we live, and while the event wasn't the best idea for tabling, we got to listen to some music! There was a live band playing a lot of good music. Foo Fighters, The Cure, Blur, Franz Ferdinand and other songs. We stayed for a while and did some texts and calls, and actually set up appointments, so that it wasn't a total waste of time
It was father's day on Sunday, and they had ice cream after church, so we snuck in and got some. Im just saying, if they had ice cream after every Sunday school lesson, a lot more people would be coming to church
We went to the temple today and had a great time. I ran into one of my friends from home at the temple and it was great to catch up with her. She's serving in the seattle mission, and is having a good time. We've run into the same "cultural conflicts" being a Scottish person serving in Washington. It was good to see her again and chat
We also stopped by seattle, again, on the way up from the temple, and I got to meet with one of the people i was teaching in the YSA, Jin Lan! We had to pass him off to the Mandarin elders because we had a language barrier too big to teach him, but he's moving back to China and wanted to get lunch with us. He's been doing really well, and hopefully gets baptised some day.
Something we talked a lot at Zone Conference about was teaching. As missionaries, we teach the principles of the church and doctrine of christ. We gotta know it to teach it, and you don't really know something until you teach it. That's true in any profession. If you can't teach someone to do something, then either it's too complicated for them to do at the moment, or you're not teaching it right. And the principles in the church are easy to understand at a base level, so it's never that the person isn't understanding because they can't, it's the teacher.
And the answer is just to study more
"Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man."
D&C 84:85
I've never prayed for sports before, and it's probably the biggest match of Scottish football history today. The situation calls for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment