He doesn't have a couple of bugs because we killed them all. The flat that were in has been really neglected by the previous missionaries, so we've spent a lot of time cleaning and rearranging furniture and killing bugs. We hit 14 kills between us in three days, which is nothing comapred to some other missionaries' flats that I've heard about, but it's still pretty bad.
The place is nice though. One of the wards that we cover is literally a two maybe three minuite walk away, so that's nice. Also, one of our new members is literally our neighbour.
It's beautiful up here. The drive up really reminded me of the A9 back home (the road that takes you to the north of Scotland.) I don't think it tops it, but it was a really pretty drive. Speaking of driving, there's a lot of it here, and I've not driven this much in about 7 months. Still getting used to the road laws, and all that. I drove on the left side of the road two maybe three times in the past few days, just because I went into autopilot.
Still, it's a nice area. It's a shame to see the Seattle ysa go, but the Lord called me here, so this is where I need to be.
We've had some interesting lessons to say the least since I've been up here. One guy wouldn't turn his TV off, and the stuff on it wasn't particularly inviting the spirit...
We basically "dot-hopped" for the past few days, which is just going to people that have had missionary interactions previously, but not in a while. It has its ups and downs. Doesn't beat finding on campus, but at least I'll get better at driving over here
New comp, Elder McPherson, is cool. We get along really well, and I might be getting into Pokรฉmon cards. One of our new members plays, and some missionaries do as well, so that's gonna happen. I remember when I used to get Match Attax from the shops whenever they were there (football (soccer) cards) and looking back I realise how scammy they are. It's basically gambling. Anyway, it's been great up here so far, and looking forward to the future!
We're also covering two wards, Lynden and Everson, and the everson ward boundary is huuuuuge. If we don't find bigfoot there im gonna be really surprised. We're also whitewashing in, where two missionaries new to the area come in, so it's been a shaky start, but we'll get the hang of it.
Eventually.
It's currently the middle of pday, and we're at the stake centre playing volleyball with some of the stake, and its a blast. And, because it's with some of the stake they're playing actual music. American authors, linkin park, smash mouth, the killers and one republic. Awesome pday.
We also went to a place callef the teddy bear cove, and it was sick. Some photos are below, but it really reminded me of the lochs (lakes) in Scotland. Really nice
Spiritual thought!
That one verse from Omni says:
"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."
Omni i think is really overlooked. This verse is a banger, and one of my favourites. I'm thankful for my Saviour, and everything that he did. If we endure to the end, we will be blessed beyond measure.
See you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment