Well it's been a few days. They've perhaps been some of the best days I've had on the mission so far. Mostly because there was a lot of stuff that we were doing
We stopped by the seattle ysa on the way back from the temple on Thursday, and I got to see Mason again. Elder durrant and I baptised him back in January, and it was really nice to see him again. It's two hours to the temple from where we live, which is nothing comapred to how long the journey was from where i lived to the nearest temple back in Scotland. But it was a really pretty drive
We also had a member have us round for a passover meal on Thursday, which was really interesting. It helped me understand the importance of everything that it stood for and how much it meant to the Jews. I was tempted to mention that there's a Metallica song about the passover (Creeping Death) but I felt it would ruin the moment
We also had General conference! If you don't know, general conference is where the prophets and apostles speak to us, and give talks on subjects that can help us focus on Christ. There were a lot of easter messages, since two of the sessions were on Sunday. There are four two-hour sessions of conference, and I only fell asleep during three of them. New PB!
I really liked the remember remember talk. Basically, there are five verses in the Book of Mormon where the words "remember remember" are found. They give great truths about the gospel and God. I don't remember what they are for the life of me, because I was trying to not fall asleep lol, but it's a great talk
We'd been getting worked to the bone the previous days, and had some really great lessons. We put someone on date for baptism yesterday! His name is Francisco, and he's open to the idea of baptism! He is very shy and might take a while for him to gain the fundamentals of a testimony, but we put him on date for the 23rd of May! He's great and it's very easy and hard to teach him. He has a habit of havering while we teach him, and he goes on long tangents, but we managed to have a good lesson with him yesterday.
The other friend we have on date, George, is also awesome. We went round to his to watch conference, after it had happened already. After that, he offered me to have a shot at one of the two guitars he had lying around. Momentarily forgetting that we're only supposed to play instruments on pday, we started tearing it up on the guitars and having a great time. Elders in my previous area found an acoustic guitar that no one was using, so I offered to take it. But yeah playing with George was fun
We went to visit a member a few days ago. She was out in the field playing with her grandson, and we joined in. We played football and got to know the grandma really well. I was mostly playing football (the real football) with the grandson, and it was a lot of fun. He then all of a sudden wanted to start wrestling me, but given that i was more than double his height he found it a little bit difficult. He had another idea though. He then demonstrated perhaps the prime example of why the minimun age for baptism is eight in the church. Baptism requires accountability over your actions, and since children aren't really accountable for their actions because they're still growing, they don't get baptised until they're eight. Anyway, so this kid takes off his trousers and starts peeing on me. Just randomly, out of nowhere. No warnings or anything, he just starts laughing and I feel something on my shoes. Perhaps what my companion found to be the funniest moment of our time together so far. To be fair, we all laughed, and I wasn't annoyed. It could've been a lot worse
Spiritual thought!
When the Israelites were commanded to sacrifice the lamb and paint their doorframes with the blood of the lamb, it was a lot more symbolic of the Atonement of Christ than you think. This is what i was told by the member, so don't know how accurate it is but whatever
Anyway, people found the ruins of the houses that the irsaelites lived in in Egypt, and they had their names on the doorframes outside, so when they were painting the blood of the lamb on the frames, they were literally covering their names with the blood of the lamb, which is symbolic of how the blood of the Lamb of God (Christ) covers our names. He bled and died for us that we can be saved from sin and death.
Have a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment