Monday, 31 August 2026

Channeling my inner Danny MacAskill

Another great week. Few highlights again

Benji got baptised on Saturday! It was a great service, and pretty much everything went to plan. I only got one scare at his baptism. When I was going up to be a witness for the baptism, I was able to get a view of who'd all come, and to my surprise President and Sister Sherman had somehow Batman'd their way into the service! I was most definitely not expecting that, but thankfully it all went to plan. 
Benji was able to make it to church, albeit around 20 mins late, so we were able to confirm him a member just before Sunday school. It truly was a great spiritual experience, and when I asked how he felt, he said he felt nothing but joy. 

Got kicked out of my fifth complex on an exchange with Elder Whetton in his area. Other than that, it was a great day. We had a really good lesson with one of their friends, John. At least, i think his name is John. Anyway, he's one of the friends who's of another Christian faith, who wants to know more about our church, fellowship with us, and discuss gospel topics. Not sure how interested he is in letting the Book of Mormon work within him, but he's been keeping commitments. Anyway, we had thus newly returned RM with us in the lesson and it was great to have him there. We were in there for about an hour, taking a deep dive into the plan of salvation and why we are here, and when we finally left we found our car had been left with some fruit snacks and a note from the sister missionaries! It was a great day, and Elder Whetton is a great missionary

The ward had a ward bbq at mukilteo beach on Friday, and we also had online interviews with the mission president slap bang in the middle of it all. So I'm just chatting it up with the ward members, having a great time, when all of a sudden my phone starts ringing, and President sherman is video calling me. We quickly run to the car to have the interviews, and they were good. We mostly just talked about me having to prep for uni stuff, and he gave me some great insights.  My comp had to wait outside the car while I was having my interview, and I had to wait outside when he had his. But then something miraculous happened. 
The stars aligned, and a nearby band had just started their gig at the beach, so while my comp was having a chin wag with the mish President, I was enjoying the show they were putting on. Best interview with the mission president ever. 

Found out transfer news this morning. We're going to be doing a flat swap with the sisters in our district, and we're finally getting roommates! We're moving in with the Beverly park elders (also in our district), and we're also car sharing! This means that for half of the week, I'm gonna be doing involuntary training for the Tour de France. It should be fine. Not much to worry about, just the fact that I probably haven't rode a bike in about two years but I guess it's just like riding a bike. Or something like that

I'm also hitting a year of being a missionary on Saturday. I'm honestly surprised that I even started this journey with the Lord in the first place. Taking a look back at who i was pre mission and who I am now, there's been a lot of improvement. I'm grateful for the opportunities that the Lord has blessed me with, and the chances that i have to serve in this area. I've definitely gained a testimony of where I was sent, and where I need to be. The Lord works in mysterious ways, but after a while you begin to trust and see why He wants you where He wants you. That's something I can boldly testify of

D&C 31:13
"Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you. These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father. Amen"
Uploaded Image Uploaded Image Uploaded Image

No comments:

Post a Comment