Here's the photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ke7PcXCfxR8azkcG9
A few small highlights and interesting moments from the past few weeks:
We met up with one of our friends at a MOD pizza restaurant. Turns out he was a bible basher, and tried to contend with our beliefs. Luckily, we had another appointment to get to, so we didn't stay that long to absolutely deck this guy with our more true doctrine.
Had two exchnages. One with Elder Brown, our District Leader, and Elder Holdaway, one of the ZLs. They both went really well, and I learned a lot. Met some great people, daily planning went out the window, and regular missionary shenangins ensued, but we all had a great time
We had Zone Conference, and I was, yet again, for like the millionth time, asked to do a musical item. The ASL sisters and I performed an arrangement of Come Thou Fount and If You Could Hie to Kolob. The arrangement kinda sucked, so i took some creative liberties with the sheet music and made it better. At least, in my opinion. Couldn't really get a contemporary song to sneak in there, but If You Could Hie to Kolob has a similar chord progression to Green Day's "Holiday" so i guess that counts
We were walking around this one complex one day, which is unheard of in missionary work. Anyway, we realised after knocking a few doors we had a tail. There were two girls that were following us around. We took looping routes and retraced our steps multiple times, and thye just followed us. We eventually lost them, but it was a really strange encounter. I mean, I'm honoured that someone would find us interesting enough to follow around a complex, but still.
We have two seriously progressing friends, Jackie and Benji. They're in a relationship at the moment, and have been taught for a while. And, even more exciting, Jackie's baptism is tomorrow! I'm super happy that she's about to enter into a covenant with with the Lord. I know that I'll seriously benefit her life, and provide a lot of guidance. Benji, her boyfriend, is also practically on track to get baptised, he just needs to come to church a few more times
We went to go visit this old friend called Curtis, and it turns out he lives in an adult care home, like one i used to work at back home. We only spoke to the worker, but he said he'd let Curtis know we stopped by. Next day at church, some guy just walks in to church and turns out it's Curtis! He'd come to church before, practically the same way, and he was really happy to be there. We had a lesson with him after church, and it turns out he's not all there. He said some things that didn't really make sense, and talked a lot about the book of Revelation in the bible. In my experience as a missionary, if someone appears to believe some strange things, loves the book of revelation in the bible, believes there more divine than others and make comments during lessons like saying Justin Bieber is the Antichrist, they're usually not going to progress well. But we'll continue to work with him. He's not the first crazy person I've taught, and it won't be the last.
Spiritual thought!
1 Corinthians 14:33
"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints."
No comments:
Post a Comment