So another week done, and oh man was this week a good week. I'll run down the highlights real quick
We got this referral about a week or two ago, and his name is Edward. We finally got round to having a church tour with him, and it went well. He's Elect™️ and is already down with the church. We told him about the football night that the spanish elders put on and he said he'd come. He goes, and this means that we are able to go as well. I went into it thinking that it'll be a good time, just a bunch of Americans who don't really play much, then i remembered the spanish elders put it on. This means that there's an extra large concentration of Hispanic and Latino people, and they're so good it should be illegal. I thought I was gonna be the Scottish Pelรฉ, but turns out I must've been playing against his grandkids, because holy cow were they good. To be fair, I didn't have studs, or even proper football boots, but I'll get them next week.
Anyway, Edward met someone who served in his home city back in Liberia, and also turns out to be the mission nurse's husband! So that's a pretty cool connection
We put Jackie's boyfriend, Benji, on date for Saturday! Jackie got baptised last week, and now he is this week! They've been such a joy to teach, and some of the best lessons I've been in. I'm not keeping a tier list of all the people that I've taught, but they're definetly up there
We got a referral a few days back from a guy who put their name as "OBAMA NO GOOD !" So we decided to give him a call. When we called him he said he didn't speak English, and when we asked what language he spoke, he said some gibberish that you'd need to nick the urim and thummim off of Moroni's hands to decipher it. Well, we'll keep working with him until we find out more.
Spiritual thought!
Moroni 8:26 says:
"And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God."
When we have our sins remitted, either after the reception of the gift of the holy ghost, or after we have the sacrament, we are reminded that God is who he says he is, and the love that he has for us. He loves us so much that he's willing to let us have a fresh start, and have the chance and ability to always obtain a remission of our sins. We gotta get ready for it though. He doesn't just flick a switch and say "oh boy what happend there. Where'd your sins go?" We've got to show that we are worthily partaking of the sacrament each week to obtain this remisison, then the switch is flicked
See youse next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment